Sunday, February 20, 2011

What is Going On?

We are finally back on track! That's what's going on. We spent four months in northern California, unexpectedly, and a few weeks ago we re-booked our return flight to Norway. The snowy photos? Norway. The hats? Knit by me (gimpy). I'm figuring out hats.

My foot is still not completely healed. I am supposed to wear the boot, but I'm allowed to stop using crutches. Took a week, but now I can walk around crutch-free while wearing the boot. It still hurts, but in that haven't-walked-in-four-months way. My foot needs some serious training. Which it gets. Walking, standing, ABC's, and coming soon: walking in the pool. Now that feels good.

It doesn't look like I'll get to do any skiing, which means Joshua has to do double duty. He bought some used cross country skis yesterday at the 2nd hand store for 60kr (about $10) and today Anders took him on a little adventure. They were gone for about an hour and a half, and Joshua came back having crashed twice, tired, and expecting to be sore tomorrow. Good stuff.

It's 5:45pm, and still a little light out. Joshua just came in and is now lying on the rug in front of the stove. Not quite dark enough to turn on the lights, but very soon we will.

It is quiet.

Natalia and kids are not yet back from a trip to visit Bestemoor (grandma), but tomorrow the house will be full again, and a routine that starts at 6am will become regular.

We will be adding a couple of things to the blog in the coming weeks. Firstly, a section about planning a bicycle tour, including resources we used and packing lists. Then I will write a little novel about a broken foot, in case other people in the world are having the problems that I did.

Welcome back!

No comments: